Your water heater is one of the most integral parts of your day to day life. We use hot water for bathing, for cleaning, for cooking, and even doing chores like laundry or washing dishes. All of this means that you need a dependable source of clean, hot water, and that’s what your water heater provides you with. However, water heaters will eventually wear out and need to be replaced, and the team from Belknap Plumbing Systems is here to help you when that time comes for you.
Let Us Replace Your Old Tank!
Water heaters have a difficult job: they must contain a large quantity of water and then keep it at a warm temperature until you need it. Even the most durable and well-sealed container will eventually corrode, and that means leaks can form which could seriously damage your home. When your water heater starts to leak or experiences another serious problem that cannot be effectively repaired, then you should consider replacing it as soon as possible.
You May Need A New Water Heater If:
- Your water heater is more than 8 years old
- Your water heater is leaking
- Your water heater is going to cost a lot to repair
- Your water heater consumes far more energy than it should
- Your water heater is having problems with pressure buildup
Can I Install A Water Heater Myself?
Many Houston-area homeowners are comfortable tackling small projects around the house, such as replacing a light fixture or unclogging a drain. But when it comes to more complex work, such as installing a water heater, it is best to leave the job to a licensed professional. Water heaters must be properly installed and anchored to avoid damage to the unit or surrounding property. In addition, gas-powered water heaters require a permit and must be connected to an existing gas line. As a result, it is generally not advisable for homeowners to attempt to install a water heater on their own. By hiring a licensed professional, you can be confident that the job will be done safely and correctly.
Common Causes of Water Heater Failure
It's easy to take your water heater for granted when it's working properly and providing you with the hot water you need to carry out daily tasks. However, when it starts to provide you with rusty water, or, worse, no hot water at all, you may wonder what's causing your water heater to break down completely.
Some of the common causes of water heater failure include:
- It's reached the end of its lifespan: Like any other appliance, your water heater will not last forever. Standard tank water heaters last anywhere from 8 to 12 years, while tankless water heaters can last around 20 years. However, as your unit approaches the end of its lifespan, it is more prone to corrosion, bad heating elements, or faulty pilot lights.
- Corrosion: If you have a standard tank water heater, it has anode rods meant to draw corrosion away from the tank itself. However, these rods must be replaced every five years. If you've failed to replace your anode rods, it could lead to leaks and internal corrosion of the tank, which is what causes the rusty water.
- Sediment buildup: When you heat up water, the mineral deposits separate and settle on the bottom of your tank. Over the years, the sediment begins to build up which will negatively effect the efficiency of your unit. You can help prevent this by getting your tank flushed at least once per year.
- Improperly sized unit: It's vitally important that you get a properly sized water heater for your home's size and usage needs. A water heater that is too small will have to work overtime to provide you with enough hot water. As it works harder, it will become more prone to breakdowns.
- High water pressure: It's recommended that your water pressure is not higher than 80 psi. Excessive water pressure can cause leaks in your tank's overflow pipe as well as damage to your unit's pressure and temperature relief valves.
- Poorly installed unit: Water heater installation is not a DIY project. Units that aren't installed correctly can lead to frequent breakdowns and the need for premature replacement. This is why it's best to leave installation to the professionals, like ours at Belknap Plumbing Systems Inc.
Tankless Water Heater Installation
Need to replace your water heater? A tankless water heater may be the perfect upgrade solution to your home. These systems heat water as you need it rather than storing hot water in a tank, making them far safer and more energy-efficient than their tank-style counterparts. In fact, these systems are so much more reliable and longer-lasting than tank-style water heaters that when well-cared-for they could be the last water heater you ever have to buy for your home! We encourage you to speak to a member of our tankless water heater installation team and find out more about these systems to learn if they’re right for you.
Trust Our Team With Your Cypress Water Heater Installation
At Belknap Plumbing, water heater installations are just one of the many services we offer, and it’s one our experienced plumbing team knows how to handle with confidence. We’ve helped numerous customers get the new water heater they need when their system shows signs of wear or starts to leak, and we make it our mission to ensure you get replacement system that’s right for your home. Our plumbers always hold our craftsmanship to high standards for your satisfaction, and we always install new water heaters from reputable name brands for the longest-lasting and best hot water solution. Our mission is to help you protect your most valuable investment—your home—and to keep stress-free and working properly.
“Fast Efficient Service!”
“I just would like to say how courteous and kind our installer Jason was. He came in and went straight to work, installing our two toilets. He was straight to the point in doing the work, cleaned up, and hauled off the old toilets.” - The Alexanders
“Fast, Professional, Expert, and Efficient.”
“He was extremely professional and very personable. Both jobs were done in a very short time and not a drop of water or speck of dust was left behind. Absolutely, completely satisfied customer and while I hope there are no plumbing problems in my future, sh” - John B.
“Knowledgeable and Takes Care of Any Issues”
“Belknap has always been reliable and professional, I have used them many times and have recommended them to others” - Natalie C.
“Knowledgable and Quick”
“They were very knowledgeable and quick, repaired the line, and have had no issues since. Hope I never have another issue but if I do I will be sure to reach out to them again.” - Andy F.
“Efficient and Kind”
“This company helped my mother out greatly a couple of days ago. She is very short of money and not the easiest to be around due to mental issues....but the serviceman was able to win her trust and did the job needed without trying to “upsell” l” - Lynn Renay H.